Home & School Club
The Home & School Club (HSC) strives to connect parents, teachers, and the administration in the service of the school. All of the HSC programs focus on building community and enhancing the educational experience of our students. The HSC encourages the participation of all parents to share their gifts in our school community. This is an opportunity for parents to invest in their child’s future by promoting a true partnership between home and school. The HSC promotes this partnership through family fellowship events and monthly parent meetings.
HSC sponsored activities include:
- Family Fun Festival – This is a wonderful time of food and fellowship for the school community. Bounce houses, carnival games, food, and raffles for class baskets are just a few of the activities that are part of this great event.
- Family Dinner Nights – Our HSC sponsors dinner nights throughout the year at local restaurants. The school community comes together for a meal and fellowship.
- HSC Meetings – The HSC meets regularly during the school year to discuss school programs and events to enrich the school community.
- Uniform Closet – The HSC manages a uniform closet of gently used uniform items donated by parents. Parents may exchange or purchase items from the closet.
- Staff Appreciation – Throughout the school year the HSC encourages staff with notes, cards, snacks, and small gifts. The HSC also sponsors a luncheon to honor and thank our staff during National Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Mini Center Day – The HSC organizes a fun afternoon of mini centers for our elementary students. Mini centers may include: pizza and smoothie making, scooter hockey, jewelry making, tea party, building “earthquake towers,” and much more.
- Holiday Gift Shoppe – This is a unique opportunity for our students to purchase Christmas gifts for their family.
- Art Auction – Each class makes a unique gift to auction at the annual STLS Walkathon. The proceeds from the art auction go toward the HSC Air Conditioning Fund.
- Fundraisers to Sponsor Classrooms and Projects – The HSC sponsors one large fundraiser a year(Family Fun Festival) and several smaller fundraisers such as Family Dinner Nights and the Art Auction. The funds raised are used to purchase items to enrich the classroom experience or to purchase items outside the classroom that enhance the school experience for all students.
Our current HSC executive team includes: President Jill Isaacs, Vice President Selena Ubando, Treasurer (position open), and Secretary Melanie Bollentino.